Sunday 18 March 2012

The iCarly twitter feed from last night

Wow, so iCarly trends quite frequently on twitter, but it's usually "McCurdians" and such.  Last night trending was "iCarlyFansDeserveBetter".  So I went on this feed to figure out WHAT this was all about.  There were a few things happening.

#1 People who started it, I do believe did it as a joke and had no real issue.  This was discovered after I scrolled down to the beginning of the feed.

#2 I then came across ONE diss about Madisen Hill guest starring and I thought perhaps fans were mad to have Nathan's gf on the show.  Seems this was NOT the case as it was just one diss.  However, I will address this Madisen Hill bashing crap.  It doesn't matter if you bash Madisen, Nathan will not dump her and come and date you.  I know, it hurts...move on.  I think it's super cute that Nathan has a gf who he seems to really like considering they have been dating for quite some time now.  Anyway, lay off Madisen, it's not her fault you are jealous.

#3 Finally I got to the root of this issue.  Apparently fans are upset that Dan S (creator) and Nick (network) keep promoting Victorious THROUGH iCarly.  Yes sometimes this can be annoying.  And fans are also tired of guest stars, after all the cast is awesome on it's own - this I agree with.

At first I refused to watch Victorious because I was not impressed with iCarly being hijacked all the time with ads for the show or blatant Victoria Justice podcasts.  But I did start watching it and it's pretty good.  NOT my fave...that remains iCarly...but not so bad.

So really, until Victorious grows a really strong independent following...iCarly fans will have to put up with the advertising through our beloved show.


No comments:

Post a Comment