Sunday 25 March 2012

iApril Fools AND Nathan's Ustream Updates!

Good evening all,

Today was great!  All because I was able to find iApril Fools on my secret source channel and also watch Nathan Kress' Ustream!  So here are my thoughts on both:

iApril Fool's Review


We start off Season 6 Episode 1 with one of the WEIRDEST episodes I've ever seen.  Jerry Trainor directed this one as well!

Main Plot:  Spencer and Carly are being evicted and while they pack their apartment the gang daydreams about the past together.  But the catch is the past is all messed up!
Subplot:  Gibby keeps trying to play a practical joke on Spencer by smacking him in the head with a Stop Sign.


So first up the gang thinks back to when they started iCarly.  So Ms. Briggs returns, Jennette wears a young Sam wig, and Freddie's hair is pretty funny!  The memory is messed up when Ms. Briggs from another dimension (Spencer dressed as Ms. Briggs) shows up and the two Briggs duel and explode.

Then the gang remembers Poachy the little chick they saved from death in iHatch Chicks.  BUT the twist is some Japanese man in some weird outfit is in this one..screaming about where to find Poachy.

The entire episode T-Bo is dressed as a genie, lives in a bottle and blinks things into being (a la I Dream of Jeanie!).

Hilarious moments:  FREDDIE has got to be my FAVE in this one.  When he freaks out over not having a party bush.  And then gets one.  Apparently you can't have a party without a party bush.  When he is young Freddie and in the first few scenes...so funny!  He skips around and acts hilarious.

The scene where they are in the Victorious house and Matt Bennett is now Gibby..while Sam sings "Make it Shine" are very cute and funny.

The ending SAVED this episode for me!  Having Spencer be Doc Brown (Back to the Future) and tell Them that their kids are out of control.  Then he says he doesn't know whose kids (for Seddie and Creddie fans)...he says "his and yours, or yours and his...I don't know!!"  All he knows is that they have to do something about their kids!  As a fan of Back to the Future..this was AWESOME.  Then T-bo shows up in a small little flying machine and they all take off to the future.



Oh and no worries about eviction.  Carly gets the owner of the building to "flash back" to when he changed his mind.  A funny scene with Lewbert!

Things I didn't like:  Yes there were moments.  The entire first 10 minutes I was like...WHAT???  I was trying to get into it but felt..maybe I wasn't going to like this one at all.  It picked up, but I felt the acting in the beginning was TOO cheesy.  I know it was supposed to be cheesy but it just didn't work until Nathan started to give it a whirl...then I was in.

By the end I was laughing and open to the weird concept.

So in total I give this a 3/5.

Nathan's USTREAM!


Being an old fart (at 37) I am learning something new every day.  So today I learned how to watch and post on a ustream.

Nathan chatted from 1:30 (PST) til about 2:45.  It was fun watching him and hearing his answers.  I personally had TWO questions answered.

First Question was what he plans to do after iCarly finishes.  He didn't get into much detail.  Just talked about how it's NOT over yet so he's locked into a contract.  He can guest star on stuff during hiatus (which they are currently on)...but can't sign for large things at the moment.  He did mention he wants to go to college but that acting is his number one priority.

Second Question was what are you going to wear to the KCAs??  I know Nathan has a love for the vest so he talked about that for a while but said he's been asked NOT to wear a vest this year.  So he did not commit to revealing his outfit.  But I was happy to be answered twice!

What else did he talk about?  Well he did a lot of shout outs to fans all over the world.  I was really happy he talked about Vancouver for a while.  He filmed Gym Teacher here a while back and enjoyed his stay.  Hopefully he can return because we film a lot up here!

He talked about the different shows he watches on TV:  The walking Dead, Burn Notice...to name a few I heard.  He refused to take off his shirt (good on ya!!).  He also discussed his favourite bible quote which he uses on his signatures.  Oh and in a hilarious moment he referred to his six pack as a pack of Coke in his fridge.  Most likely some fan asked him about his six-pack abs or something.  I like how he avoids the R rated comments since his fans are mostly G rated.

He was very frustrated that his computer was running slow and kept freezing.  And he also mentioned that Jennette was following the ustream.  He didn't make any calls to anyone but spent a lot of time answering questions so I think his fans were happy!  I was, I found it very fun!

I almost forgot.  Nathan said that Star Wars BEATS Star Trek...hells ya it does.  I am a HUGE Star Wars fan so that got me going!

So what's up next?  Well according to my sources iGo One Direction (renamed from iGot Jungle Worms) is going to be shown April 7th.  And the next listed show after that is iOwn a Restaurant with no set date that I can see.

I hope to still see iBalls aired in Canada...which it has NOT!!  And I hope that YTV gets Season 6 as soon as possible.

I will share updates as I get them!


No comments:

Post a Comment