Saturday 18 February 2012

iMeet the First Lady

I am editing my post after watching this episode again:  And now on to Episode 9.  This got a lot of hype and promotion because it includes the First Lady!  Yes Michelle Obama makes her acting debut.

Synopsis
Colonel Shay is due home for his birthday and the gang is super excited!  They put together a surprise party.  Then word comes that he is not coming home and Carly gets super bummed.  Freddie hooks the iCarly webcast up to talk to Carly's dad and they are able to talk to him over the internet during a web show.  This cheers Carly up!  Then the secret service contacts them and they think they are in trouble for tapping into a secure government channel.  But it's really Michelle Obama who wants to come and meet them because she likes all they do to cheer Carly up.  She is proud of her dad for serving and all the families who have members away serving the US.  She gets invited to do an iCarly webisode and that's pretty much it!



Running gag:  Spencer blows up the birthday cake twice.

Awesomeness
I love how this highlights Spencer and Carly's relationship.  Spencer has to break the news to Carly and it's very sweet.  Although she thinks he's going to giver her "the talk" about sex...which she usually avoids.
Spencer calls Sam and Freddie weinies for running away!
Sam disguising herself so the secret service doesn't recognize her.
The wig she gives to FREDDIE!
The game Michelle Obama plays that has Gibby in it is hilarious.  And she's a really good actress!  I liked all her scenes.  I enjoyed "Let's Do THIS!"
Also Dan (the creator) shows up as the secret service guy who tells Mrs. O that she can't talk about the robot she is building (which is hilarious).  Then he dances and runs spaz like off the set.  Which I loved!

Things I'd Fix:  MYSELF BECAUSE:


I'm taking back my previous American comments.....I really liked this episode because even thought it was patriotic..which I usually can't stand (being a Canadian).  I really liked the message of it!  Supporting the troops and their families.  As a patriotic Canadian I guess I need to start allowing it to be okay for the Americans to also wave their flag.  During the 2010 Olympics I cried when the opening ceremonies played because I was so proud it was happening in Vancouver!  Well I cried twice during this episode.  Once when Carly was telling her Dad how much she missed and loved him and second when they cheered for the troops and families.  Yeah...tears came.  I realized what a pie hole I was being about the whole flag waving issue.   I get it Americans...I do.  I also feel pride in my country and should be allowed to let it wave.  But being a Canadian we aren't really expected to do that.  Well I think I'm going to try harder to let my flag wave!



Although I must admit in Canada our "first lady" is not really high up or anything.  I guess she does stuff but we don't often hear about it.  Our royals are in England.  They are much more high profile then our government leaders.  So it's a little different.  Anyway, I have to say thanks for teaching me to stop being so jaded by American patriotism.

Yup..I'm Canadian.  I apologize, say eh sometimes and really like how peaceful my country is.

No comments:

Post a Comment